Plant-based eggs are coming to Canada
Are you looking for a tasty, low-cholesterol meal option for the mornings?
Eat Just, Inc., a company that uses science and technology to create food, announced a version of its plant-based egg is coming to Canada.
Dubbed JUST Plant Egg in Canada, the fluffy egg alternative is cholesterol-free, vegan-friendly, and has 13 grams of protein per serving--more than the average animal product.
The company says it has no artificial flavours and its ingredients use 98 per cent less water, have a 93 per cent smaller carbon footprint, and use 86 per cent less land than conventional animal sources--the key ingredient is mung bean protein.
JUST Egg will be available in more than 1,000 grocery stores across the country, including Buy-Low Foods, Loblaws, Metro, Save-On-Foods, Sobeys, Safeway, Walmart, and Whole Foods Market Canada, as well as some restaurants and other foodservice operators.
“Canadians have been asking us to bring JUST Egg north of the border since the day it launched in the U.S. and we hope customers agree it was worth the wait. With millions of Canadians embracing plant-based proteins for healthier, more sustainable diets, there’s no better time to launch our folded product here. And as an added bonus, it’s made locally in Canada,” Josh Tetrick, co-founder and CEO of Eat Just, Inc., said in a news release.
- Feds seeking input regarding additional regulations for plant-based foods in Canada
- KFC testing plant-based menu options for one day only in Mississauga
- New, plant-based turkey alternative arrives just in time for Thanksgiving
- KFC permanently adding plant-based sandwich to menu
- A&W launching plant-based nuggets
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant