Plank Restobar Oakville celebrates 10 years with a new location in Hamilton
Published April 24, 2023 at 3:53 pm
It’s been a whole 10 years since Plank Restobar’s Oakville location opened its doors, and to celebrate the highly anticipated opening of their second location in Hamilton, they’ve launched a limited-time throwback menu featuring their most revered dishes and signature dishes over the past 10 years.
Plank has become known as one of the hottest spots in Oakville’s waterfront neighbourhood of Bronte Village, offering a chef-inspired experience focused on food that’s fresh, seasonal and locally sourced.
That success propelled them to open a second location in Hamilton earlier this year (located on the first floor of the city’s first boutique hotel, The Laundry Rooms), which has already found much success with Hamilton foodies.
Plank specializes in American small plate items that are perfect for sharing around the table and tasting a little bit of everything, and their globally inspired menu changes every season, borrowing the best cuisine from different cultures around the world.
Now, with the Oakville location having been around for 10 years, Plank is celebrating appropriately with a throwback menu featuring 10 of their most popular dishes from over the years.
Here’s what you’ll find on the menu, which is available for a limited time at both locations (Augusta – Hamilton and Bronte – Oakville):
1. House Sliders: One of their most popular offerings, Plank’s house sliders are made with juicy hanger and chuck steak beef, then topped with bourbon bacon jam, brioche, garlic aioli, and vintage cheddar for a sandwich that’s bursting with flavour.
2. Cauliflower Fritters: Cauliflower smothered in tasty beer batter, roasted garlic aioli, and pecorino cheese.
3. Duck Poutine: A tender, slow-braised Ontario duck that’s served with foie gras gravy, Quebec cheese curds, and crispy house cut fries.
4. If Pigs Had Wings: The succulent taste of crispy pork belly with Cholula beurre blanc, blue cheese dressing, pickled carrots and celery, and scallions.
5. The Holy Braise: One of the more popular mainstays on Plank’s menu, the main ingredient changes weekly, using a variety of different meats, flavours and techniques to keep guests coming back for more.
6. Margaritaville: A classic pizza topped with fresh basil, fior di latte, and Plank’s flavourful tomato sauce.
7. The Big Bird: A pizza loaded with roasted chicken, bacon, caramelized onion, goat cheese, fior di latte, and basil pesto.
8. The Dumb Son: Deliciously shareable steamed shrimp and pork dumplings, served with soy sauce and Sriracha.
9. Short Rib Yorkies: This very flavourful dish of slow-braised beef short rib comes with Yorkshire pudding, rich gravy, horseradish crema, and crispy potato strings.
10. Steak Frites: Flat iron steak marinated in chili, then served with chimichurri and house-cut fries.
In addition to all the mouthwatering eats on Plank’s menu, there’s no shortage of great drinks to pair with your meal from their refined selection of bourbon, beer, wine and refreshingly cold cocktails, among many other drinks.
Right now, three of their most popular cocktail offerings are:
- Oak & Smoke: Basil Hayden, Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur, honey syrup, lemon juice, bitters
- Gin & Purple Juice: Empress gin, fresh Lemon juice, lavender syrup, soda, purple shimmer
- New York Bourbon Sour: Bourbon, lemonade, dry red wine float
Plank’s Hamilton location also has a strong focus on high-quality beer from Hamilton’s local breweries, such as Fairweather Brewing, Grain & Grit, Clifford Brewing and more.
Both Plank locations feature a chic rec room interior with a vintage vibe, and with the warm weather approaching both restaurants will be opening their patios.
Plank Hamilton will showcase the only rooftop patio in the city: 4,000 square feet of space plus an extra 30 seats at street level.
Both locations tend to be busy, so you may want to reserve your table online at the Oakville or Hamilton location.
Celebrate 10 years with Plank! For more info and the restaurant’s full menu, visit plankrestobar.ca, and follow Plank on Facebook and Instagram for the latest updates.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies