PICK A SIDE: What will your first restaurant experience be when restrictions ease?
With the announcement that more vaccines are coming, and every adult in Ontario who wants to get vaccinated will be able to do so before the end of May, many are starting to look forward to things returning to normal.
While most parts of Ontario have only been in lockdown for a few weeks, Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon have remained in lockdown since before the start of the new year.
However, as more Canadians get vaccinated, more businesses and amenities that were forced to close will be able to resume.
One thing many are looking forward to returning are restaurants—it’s easy to forget when they’re open how much of an impact they have on our lives.
Before the pandemic, few likely realized how many great memories involved restaurants—many first dates, anniversaries, sporting events, birthdays, and graduations take place at restaurants.
While many have done their part to help keep their favourite places open during the pandemic by ordering take-out, it’s just not the same.
Fortunately, however, we’ll (hopefully) soon be able to go back to eating at restaurants.
But, what kind of meal are you most looking forward to experiencing after the long layoff?
Some who prioritize getting the most out of their dollars will likely be looking forward to hitting up their local buffet.
Others may be hoping to celebrate one of the many milestones they were unable to during the pandemic—maybe an important birthday, or anniversary. They’ll probably want to get a table at a fancy place—one where the ambience is almost as important as the food.
Some might be yearning for the day when they can watch the game at the bar with a pitcher of beer with their buddies.
Others might be looking forward to patronizing a restaurant owned by a friend or family member, their go-to spot for a night out.
Some parents might even be looking forward to a fast-food joint, only if it means they can get a few minutes to themselves while their kids, who have been out of school, play in the on-site play structure.
So, readers, what restaurant experience are you most looking forward to returning?
- PICK A SIDE: What are you most looking forward to experiencing once the pandemic is over?
- Many restaurants forced to pivot business model due to pandemic
- Ontario wineries struggling to find way forward under COVID-19 restrictions
- Mississauga restaurant paying it forward with "Buy One Give One" lasagna dinner
- Canadians want vaccination rates to exceed 70 per cent of population before returning to ‘normal’
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Mississauga's 5 ugliest buildings
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after colliding with vehicle in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Canada Post truck rollover leads to major delays on 401 in Mississauga
- Some universities say no to proof of vaccination requirement