PICK A SIDE: Should Ontario return to Stage 2?
With students returning to schools, and many businesses reopening, many Ontarians are concerned about the rising number of COVID-19 cases.
For the last few days, the number of new daily cases have been increasing, and the daily count surpassed 400 on September 18—the biggest single-day increase since early June.
As a result, many people have been calling for the Province to send Ontario back to Stage 2.
For now, it appears the government is hesitant to do this.
Public health officials have attributed the rise in cases to social gatherings, and as a result, the government has imposed stricter limits on gatherings—Toronto, Peel, and Ottawa reduced the max limit social events to 10 people.
However, some believe this isn’t enough.
Please Ontario just close the bars and dining-in and bring us back to Stage 2 so I don’t have to worry about my 75 year old parents surviving the winter xoxo— liv (@pcdietgingerale) September 11, 2020
It seems like Ontario is going backwards on Covid-19, as much as people will hate it, if people can't follow medical guidelines, wear mask and social distance maybe we should go back to Stage 2 before this gets out of hand again but I don't think @fordnation will do that— Darrell Dean (@Darrell_Dean) September 14, 2020
Ontario needs to go back to stage 2, these numbers are rediculous— rachel @ homefest (@rachel_garniss) September 18, 2020
Additionally, many are concerned the government’s plan to send students back to schools without drastically reducing class sizes will only further exacerbate the rise in cases.
So Ontario opens schools. The cases go up. We revert back to stage 2. We’re never getting out of this and I’m never seeing my family again— Brianna (@briannaleigh28) September 17, 2020
Moreover, while many believe Ontario should be relegated to Stage 2, others, particularly small business owners who have been struggling during the pandemic and have implemented additional safety precautions do not.
Today's COVID numbers in urban Ontario are deeply worrying. I see lots of people here talking about returning to stage 2. That would be to do deliberate and widespread harm. Are we sure that the public health benefits are sufficient and can't be achieved in other ways? 1/3— Jeffrey L. McNairn (@JLMcNairn) September 14, 2020
So, Mississauga, what do you think? Should Ontario return to Stage 2?
- Ontario Hospital Association calling for Ontario to revert to Stage 2
- Ontario set to announce Stage 3 plans for Toronto, Peel, Windsor-Essex
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- BREAKING: Mississauga to be rolled back to a modified Stage 2 in wake of rising COVID-19 cases
- Ontario plans for Stage 2 of economy's reopening amid COVID-19 pandemic
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Provinces look to mix COVID-19 vaccines in light of changing supply
- Mississauga, Brampton to lift restrictions once Ontario's COVID numbers are "well below" 1,000 daily cases