PICK A SIDE: Is PDA okay?
Valentine’s Day is next weekend, and if you’re in a relationship, you’re probably trying to think of a fun way to show your significant other how much they mean to you.
However, if you’re single during Valentine’s Day, you might be dreading the holiday because of how strong a reminder it is that you’re single because of how blatant people flaunt their love.
Speaking of flaunting love, the chances of spotting a few public displays of affection (PDAs) on Valentine’s Day is pretty high.
But, does it make it acceptable? Are PDAs acceptable ever?
Some argue, considering we no longer live in a puritanical society, PDA is fine; after all, we still have the kiss cam on the jumbotron at many sports games.
And people still cheer when the bride and the groom kiss at weddings. With that being said, both examples are situations when the people participating in the PDA are invited to do so—it’s not quite the same as seeing two people practically tearing each other’s clothes off at 2 a.m. on the subway.
It can also be a bit jarring to hear people hooking up in a public place—something that has undoubtedly happened to most people who went to one of York, Ryerson, or U of T.
So, Mississauga, what is your take? Is PDA okay?
- Unique grocery store closes down in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Driver injured after crashing into tanker truck in Mississauga
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to Mississauga this Friday
- Canadian government changing stress test rate for mortgages soon