PICK A SIDE: Eggnog—great or gross?
If you’ve been to pretty much any supermarket during the last two weeks, you’ve probably seen many have a certain beverage only available during the holidays on display: eggnog.
Despite the fact it has basically become the official beverage of the holiday season, it’s a pretty polarizing drink—many people love it, while many people hate it.
Those who enjoy it do so for its sweet taste and creamy texture, plus the fact it tastes great with a splash of rum in it.
Eggnog has not been demonstrated to be an effective COVID-19 treatment, but it *has* been found to be delicious.— Benjamin Ahr Harrison (@BenjaminAhr) December 9, 2020
However, those who dislike it do so for similar reasons, many find the taste too sweet and the texture off-putting.
Sorry but eggnog is gross..— Maybe: Randy (@RaanDaddy) December 10, 2020
Additionally, due to its ingredients—whole milk, heavy cream, and sugar—it’s both high in saturated fat and calories, which could be why it’s only available for a short time (it could also be why some people tend to put on a few pounds over the holidays).
So, readers, what do you think? Do you enjoy a glass of eggnog or would you rather pour it down the sink?
- PICK A SIDE: Results—eggnog apparently a polarizing beverage
- PICK A SIDE: Will you celebrate the holidays virtually this year?
- You Can Get a Free Holiday Drink in Mississauga This Week
- PICK A SIDE: Do you love or hate the Shamrock Shake
- PICK A SIDE Results: Majority of people opposed to daylight saving time
- Stay at home order extended 2 weeks and police have new powers in Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- Mississauga and Brampton face curfews, travel ban as Ford plans next COVID move
- Crews responding to house explosion and fire in Hamilton
- City orders Mississauga gym to close but owner refuses
- Experts warn closing playgrounds and golf in Mississauga and Brampton won't do much to slow COVID-19