PHOTOS: Trucks Collide and Close Part of Major Highway in Mississauga
A crash and rollover involving two transport trucks is snarling traffic for commuters in Mississauga and beyond on Wednesday morning.
“What a start to the day,” said OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
The incident took place overnight on the eastbound Hwy. 401 at Mississauga Rd., resulting in a transport - carrying liquids but nothing hazardous - on its side, blocking the on-ramp and two right lanes.
Cleanup is ongoing.
Schmidt is advising drivers heading out of northwest Mississauga or Milton to take Hwy. 407.
Massive delays are expected until at least 10:30 a.m.
UPDATE: Two left lanes are open.
UPDATE: Three left lanes are open.
UPDATE: The eastbound on-ramp at Mississauga Rd. is closed. All lanes are open as of 8:30 a.m.
Photos courtesy of OPP
- Lanes Blocked On Highway 403 Eastbound Due To Collision
- All lanes closed due to rollover on 401 in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: One Man Dead After Transport Truck Crash in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Hwy. 401 Mississauga Crash Sends Three People to Hospital
- Serious crash closes all lanes on Highway 401 in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton face curfews, travel ban as Ford plans next COVID move
- Ontario could announce new restrictions today to curb surging COVID 19 rates
- City of Mississauga planning controlled burn of portion of popular park this weekend
- 401 closed as Mississauga woman killed in early morning collision
- 855,000 vaccines that were to have arrived last week are now in Canada