PHOTOS: 23,000 Litres of Diesel Fuel Spilled on Highway in Mississauga
Residents should avoid a certain section of highway due to an overnight vehicle accident in Mississauga.
At 9:48 a.m., OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt reported an incident involving a fuel tanker on the Highway 401 eastbound express, east of Mavis Road.
The vehicle rolled over and its rear trailer spilled 23,000 litres of diesel fuel onto the highway, Schmidt reports.
No injuries have been reported in relation to the accident or the spill.
The cause of the rollover has not been disclosed.
Crews are currently on scene to clean up the spill, which is expected to take until 2:00 p.m. this afternoon.
Collector lanes remain open.
Photos courtesy of Sgt. Kerry Schmidt @OPP_HSD
- Collisions and Diesel Spill Causing Highway Delays in Mississauga
- UPDATE: One Person Dead Following Serious Multi-Vehicle Highway Crash in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Ramp Blocked Off Due To Truck Rollover On Highway 403
- PHOTO: Tractor Trailer Rollover on Highway
- PHOTOS: Several injured in multi-vehicle highway crash in Mississauga
- Drivers charged after four tow trucks involved in street racing in Milton: Police
- $1 million lotto prize was won by a lottery player in Ontario
- Police searching for suspects after church vandalized in Mississauga
- Police on scene for reports of suspicious package in Mississauga
- Cheese, ranch seasoning, mangoes and more recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario