Peel Regional Police officer facing number of criminal charges
A Peel Regional Police officer is facing a number of criminal charges.
Police say that following a “lengthy investigation,” the service’s Internal Affairs Bureau arrested and charged Constable Daniel Young, a 13-year-member of the service.
He was arrested on June 9, 2021.
Police say the accused was charged with two counts of breach of trust, unauthorized use of a computer and obstructing justice.
“These charges are a result of a complaint received by Peel Regional Police Internal Affairs alleging the unauthorized release of confidential information,” police said in a news release.
The accused is scheduled to appear in court on July 26, 2021.
Once the criminal court proceedings have been completed, a Police Services Act investigation will follow.
- Ontario asking feds to ensure that Mississauga and Ontario residents with mixed doses can travel abroad
- Metrolinx expanding GO train service in Hamilton
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- Arrest follows armed robbery of retail location in Brampton earlier this month