Peel records close to 600 new COVID-19 cases
Peel has once again recorded more new COVID-19 cases than nearby Toronto.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says that Ontario is reporting 1,824 cases of COVID-19.
Elliott says there are 592 new cases in Peel, 396 in Toronto and 187 in York Region.
There are 1,541 more resolved cases.
Nearly 52,900 tests were completed over the past 24 hours.
According to the province’s website, 14 more people have died of the virus. There are currently 666 COVID-19 patients in hospital, with 197 people being treated in ICUs and 105 people using ventilators.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 1,487 new COVID-19 cases, 392 in Peel
- Ontario reports 834 new cases of COVID-19, 186 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 132 new COVID-19 cases, bulk in Peel and Toronto
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting record 1,132 new COVID-19 cases, 258 in Peel
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, close to 400 total cases found in Mississauga
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Vehicle leaves scene after striking pedestrian in Mississauga
- Long-awaited store finally opens in Streetsville
- All COVID-19 cases at Mississauga grocery stores for the week of Jan 10 to 16