Peel Police Investigating Alleged Sexual Assaults by Hedley Frontman Jacob Hoggard
Police say that 34-year-old Vancouver man Jacob Hoggard, who is best known as the frontman of the pop-punk group Hedley, is facing charges in connection with a sexual assault investigation.
Recently, Toronto Police and Peel Regional Police announced that Hoggard, who became the subject of multiple #MeToo-related allegations earlier this year, is facing sexual assault-related charges.
Police allege that on three dates in 2016, the accused met with two women on separate occasions.
Police say that accused allegedly sexually assaulted the women during the encounters.
On Monday, July 23, 2018, Hoggard was arrested and charged with sexual interference and two counts of sexual assault causing bodily harm.
He is scheduled to appear in court in Toronto on July 26.
Police say they are are concerned there may be other victims.
Earlier this year, numerous women took to Twitter to—using the hashtag #outHedley2k18—confront the band with allegations of acts of sexual impropriety.
After the hashtag began circulating, Hedley withdrew their name from consideration for the then-upcoming Juno Awards. The band, which was also dropped by their management team, posted a statement to their Facebook page back in February, calling the allegations "unsubstantiated."
The band continued its tour despite the allegations, playing shows in both Brampton and Mississauga.
Hedley has been on hiatus ever since.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7474 Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477).
- Hedley Will Play in Mississauga Despite Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- Peel Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault
- A Peel police officer has been charged with sexual assault
- St Catharines man faces three counts of sexual assault
- Hamilton man accused of making threats and sexual assault; police believe there are more victims
- Brampton resident celebrated his big lotto win with champagne
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Milton driver high on alcohol and drugs get five years in jail for killing Mississauga man
- Brampton Daily Grand lotto winner wants to buy house, take vacation with daughter
- Three-day food festival coming to Square One in Mississauga