Peel Police Investigating Alleged Sexual Assaults by Hedley Frontman Jacob Hoggard
Police say that 34-year-old Vancouver man Jacob Hoggard, who is best known as the frontman of the pop-punk group Hedley, is facing charges in connection with a sexual assault investigation.
Recently, Toronto Police and Peel Regional Police announced that Hoggard, who became the subject of multiple #MeToo-related allegations earlier this year, is facing sexual assault-related charges.
Police allege that on three dates in 2016, the accused met with two women on separate occasions.
Police say that accused allegedly sexually assaulted the women during the encounters.
On Monday, July 23, 2018, Hoggard was arrested and charged with sexual interference and two counts of sexual assault causing bodily harm.
He is scheduled to appear in court in Toronto on July 26.
Police say they are are concerned there may be other victims.
Earlier this year, numerous women took to Twitter to—using the hashtag #outHedley2k18—confront the band with allegations of acts of sexual impropriety.
After the hashtag began circulating, Hedley withdrew their name from consideration for the then-upcoming Juno Awards. The band, which was also dropped by their management team, posted a statement to their Facebook page back in February, calling the allegations "unsubstantiated."
The band continued its tour despite the allegations, playing shows in both Brampton and Mississauga.
Hedley has been on hiatus ever since.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7474 Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477).
- Hedley Will Play in Mississauga Despite Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- A Peel police officer has been charged with sexual assault
- Peel Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault
- Police Identify Suspect After Series of Sexual Assaults in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Facing Charges in Connection with Sexual Assault
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mass rollout of the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots weeks away in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers