Part of Major Highway Closed in Mississauga After Truck Jack Knife
If you’re traveling on the westbound 401 near Dixie Road in Mississauga, prepare for potentially major delays.
According to Ontario Provincial Police Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, the transfer lanes between the express and collector lanes are closed due to a recent collision involving a car and transport truck.
“We've got the ramp shut down here, there's no access to the collectors if you're in the express,” says Schmidt in a recently released OPP Periscope video. “You may have to come back around to get to Dixie Road. It's very slow in the area.”
Despite the disruption to traffic, the injuries sustained in the collision are—thankfully—minor. There is also damange to the roadway, as the transport truck hit a sign when it jack knifed.
Fire and emergency crews were on scene responding to the crash and a related diesel spill.
The express and collector lanes are open, but the transfer lanes are not.
The OPP reports that the driver of the transport truck has been charged with careless driving.
You may want to avoid the area for the time being.
Photo courtesy of the OPP Twitter account
- PHOTOS: Part of 401 Closed Due to Truck Collision in Mississauga
- Transport truck rollover shuts down lanes of traffic in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: One Man Dead After Transport Truck Crash in Mississauga
- UPDATE: One Person Dead Following Serious Multi-Vehicle Highway Crash in Mississauga
- Major Road Closure Following Collison Involving Transport Truck in Mississauga
- UPDATED: Pair of bears on the loose in Mississauga
- McDonald’s showing appreciation for Canadian teachers
- Brampton driving school instructor charged with sexual offences
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 30
- Peel not in second wave but situation can change "at any moment": Mayor Crombie