Parking Changes Coming to Mississauga for Holiday Monday
Although civic holidays aren’t quite as well-known (or understood) as major holidays such as Christmas, New Year’s Day and Canada Day, they offer a little reprieve from the five-day work week (something that’s extra welcome in the summer).
But regardless of whether or not you’re celebrating anything in particular on Monday, Aug. 7 (according to this National Post article, Ontario’s civic holiday celebrates Emancipation Day and was once known as Simcoe Day), there’s a good chance you’re having people over and/or attending a party of some sort.
If so, you might be happy to be reminded that parking is extended on Monday, Aug 7.
If you’re parking on the street (or having guests park on yours), note that they can park from 8:00 a.m. until midnight.
The usual three-hour parking limit will not be in effect on Monday.
Enjoy your long weekend!
- Peel Police Investigating Strange Odour In Mississauga
- Peel Police Searching For Suspect In Connection To Multiple Break And Enters In Mississauga
- Here's How You Can Get A Dozen Doughnuts For $1 This Week
- Police Searching for Possible Contractor Wanted for Uttering Threats in Mississauga
- Emergency Services Responding To Active House Fire in Mississauga