Parking Changes Coming to Mississauga for Holiday Monday
Although civic holidays aren’t quite as well-known (or understood) as major holidays such as Christmas, New Year’s Day and Canada Day, they offer a little reprieve from the five-day work week (something that’s extra welcome in the summer).
But regardless of whether or not you’re celebrating anything in particular on Monday, Aug. 7 (according to this National Post article, Ontario’s civic holiday celebrates Emancipation Day and was once known as Simcoe Day), there’s a good chance you’re having people over and/or attending a party of some sort.
If so, you might be happy to be reminded that parking is extended on Monday, Aug 7.
If you’re parking on the street (or having guests park on yours), note that they can park from 8:00 a.m. until midnight.
The usual three-hour parking limit will not be in effect on Monday.
Enjoy your long weekend!
- Parking Changes Coming to Mississauga for Civic Holiday Monday
- Parking Changes Coming to Mississauga This Long Weekend
- Major Parking Changes Officially in Effect in Mississauga
- These Mississauga Beer Store locations will be open this coming Civic Holiday Monday
- Beer Store and LCBO Release Civic Holiday Monday Hours in Mississauga
- Dead man found in vehicle in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton still reporting 5 areas with high COVID-19 positivity
- Empty lot at major Brampton intersection being turned into hub of commerce
- Ontarians say initial vax appointments tough to cancel once earlier dose booked
- Residents of Mississauga, Brampton, and Canada considering relocation to more rural areas