PAMA is the Place to be for Families During March Break
March Break is fast approaching, and with it comes the age-old question: How do you keep the kids entertained while they’re out of school?
You could leave them on the couch to play with their devices all day… or you could give them an experience that’s educational, interactive, and fun for the entire family!
If you chose Option B, then PAMA is your go-to destination during the break, with a whole week of exciting art and science programming that you can enjoy with your kids. STEAM into March Break and check out the special guests, enjoy creative activities, and explore the unique exhibitions in PAMA’s historic spaces.
What’s happening each day from March 16th to the 20th?
On Monday, experiment with chemistry and work with thick and thin liquids to transform a simple blot of paint into a crazy monster of your own creation.
Tuesday is all about insects, with children’s musician Rob Joy coming face to face with “The Bungalow Bugs” in his sing-along concert Let’s Sing About Bugs. You’ll also use mixed media techniques to create your own colourful creepy crawlers!
On Wednesday, it’s a pirate magic show! Join Captain Corbin for boatloads of fun with his interactive magic show, and create your own sundial to tell time just like the pirates did before clocks were invented.
Explore the wonder of bubbles on Thursday with Bubbleology’s engaging and inspiring bubble show, and learn how to paint with bubbles as you blow and pop your way to an artistic masterpiece.
Finally, combine art and movement on Friday by creating your own mini-motion picture with a zoetrope and using colours, shapes, and patterns to make amazing optical illusions.
Of course, the family fun isn’t limited to just March Break! Join PAMA on the third Sunday of each month for their Sunday FUNdays, each with a unique theme and activities to enjoy, alongside other events planned throughout spring.
The next Sunday FUNday, happening on March 15, invites residents to create their own abstract art and make a collage masterpiece inspired by the works of artist Simon Hughes. On April 19, see how artists like Jagdeep Raina use their neighbourhood for inspiration, and explore yours with cityscape art! Stay tuned for more info about future FUNdays beyond April.
Celebrate the history of Peel and kick off Archives Awareness Week with the Hands-On History challenge on April 4! Characters from the past have come back to life throughout PAMA to guide you through a series of missions and tasks, but you only have one hour to find all the hidden clues. Can you ensure that their stories aren’t lost forever?
There’s also the PAMA Party, Pop and Colour event happening onSaturday, May 30. Push the limits of art, crafts and cultural exploration in a day of fun for the whole family! Collaborate in a community mural with local artist Jasmin Pannu, get moving with hip hop performances and workshops every hour, enjoy delicious Canadian Punjabi cuisine, and much more.
With so much happening at PAMA over the next few months, it’s the best place to be for families this spring, but what about during the summer?
Fear not - the nonstop programming and fun activities will continue over the hot summer months, with a three-week summer camp running from July 6th to the 24th.
Here’s a quick glimpse at what’s going on each week:
- July 6 - 10, Pop Art Party: Colour, shape and form combine in a week creating art that pops.
- July 13 - 17, Creative Discoveries: Art meets science in a week exploring the connections between painting and chemistry, sculptures and physics, printmaking and biology and many more.
- July 20 - 24, Artistic Olympics: Kick-off the Summer Olympics with a collision of art and sports in a week of high-energy activities and artistic exploration.
For those staying at home with the kids, enjoy Staycation Days all July and August with new weekly self-guided activities, instructor-led activities and special guest events every Wednesday!
As you can see, there’s always a lot going on at PAMA, and a visit to PAMA has never been more affordable.
General admission for families is $12 (two adults and up to five kids), but if you foresee yourself visiting often, you might want to spring for the $60 Family Membership. It has all the perks and benefits of the regular membership as well as great discounts on family programs. There’s no better bang for your family’s buck!
Speaking of which, did you know you can sign out a free family pass at any library in Peel? Whether you’re in Brampton, Mississauga or Caledon, make sure to check out your local library and take advantage of this amazing offer!
The next time you and your family are looking for things to do in Peel, look no further than PAMA for activities that’ll keep every member of the family delighted and entertained.
- Here’s How PAMA is Keeping Kids and Families Entertained During COVID-19
- 4 Big Reasons to Bring the Family to PAMA This Holiday Season
- PAMA offering online activities to keep community connected amid COVID-19 pandemic
- PAMA offering virtual activities to keep community connected amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Here's What's Happening at Peel Region's Art Gallery and Museum This Summer
- 121 workers at Mississauga's Gateway postal facility test positive for COVID-19
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content
- Two provinces hardest hit by COVID-19 see cases trend downward over last-week totals
- Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga
- York Region shares list of box stores fined over violations of COVID-19 rules