Overnight House Fire Sends Resident to Hospital in Mississauga
At around 2:30am on Thursday morning Peel Police, Mississauga Fire and Emergency Crews were in the area of Russett Road in Mississauga for a house fire.
The house was fully engulfed, and several neighbouring homes were evacuated as Mississauga Transit buses were on scene for shelter.
The fire was under control by 3:30am.
One resident was taken to hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
Unfortunately, the family pet perished in the fire.
The cause is yet to be determined.
- Body found after lengthy search and rescue effort in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police attempt water rescue in Mississauga's Credit River
- Teenage driver crashes into pole in Mississauga while allegedly evading police
- Bonnie Crombie urges patience as cases climb and hospitalization rates remain high in Mississauga
- Air Canada revising refund policy with cancelled flight options