Over 500 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 976 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
The province says that 510 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 600 residents have died of the virus. While case numbers are increasing, it does not appear that the rate of hospitalizations is increasing at this time.
Models recently released by the province also suggested that Ontario has reached its peak in the pandemic.
As of 4:00 pm on April 21, Ontario is reporting 12,245 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province.
The province says 659 people have died of the disease, while another 6,221 have made full recoveries.
The province says 878 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 243 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 192 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 184,531 people have been tested for the virus and 6,845 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 10,361 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 10:00 am on April 22), 1,820 people have been diagnosed in the region and 58 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 42 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Fifteen deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
Peel Public Health says 21 residents have died in long-term care homes.
There are currently 777 cases in Brampton, 53 in Caledon and 976 in Mississauga.
Fourteen cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Over 500 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 960 cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 640 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,142 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 424 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 1,200 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Close to 500 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 600 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Over 500 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 650 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- House of the Week: $2 mil home with gorgeous, upgraded interior
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots