Over 30 charges laid due to unsafe driving on one of Mississauga's busiest streets
A number of charges, including several serious ones, were laid following a 24-hour police blitz on one of Mississauga’s busiest roads.
The blitz took place on Aug. 26, 2020.
“The Road Safety Services unit has identified areas of concern along Lakeshore Road in the City of Mississauga. The area is well travelled by commuters and local residents,” Peel police said in a news release.
“Through community feedback and statistical analysis, the decision to take additional action took the form of a full-scale 24-hour road safety blitz. ”
Police say over the course of the blitz, officers issued 31 Highway Traffic Act Charges. Drivers were ticketed for speeding, failing to wear a seatbelt, operating excessively noisy vehicles and more.
Police also laid two impaired driving charges and fined one driver for fleeing the scene of a crash.
“Road Safety Services recognizes the concerns in and around this area and the Region. They will continue to make efforts to suppress improper driving behaviour along with our frontline personnel,” police said.
- Here’s How Many Changes Police Laid During a Road Safety Blitz
- Here's How Many Charges OPP Laid Against Truck Drivers in One Week
- Police Lay Close to 200 Traffic Charges Over Two Days in Peel
- Here's How Many Charges OPP Laid Against Truck Drivers in 24 Hours
- Nearly 2,000 Transport Truck Drivers Charged in OPP Traffic Safety Blitz
- McDonald’s showing appreciation for Canadian teachers
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- Three women injured in Mississauga apartment attack
- Amber alert called off as girls found safe
- BREAKING: AMBER Alert issued for two girls last seen in Kitchener