Over 200 New Jobs Coming to Mississauga
If you're in the market for a new job in Mississauga, this news might interest you.
The Ontario government recently announced that the province has partnered with Baylis Medical to form a new "state-of-the-art" centre that will spur medical technology innovation and support over 570 Jobs in Mississauga.
The partnership will allow Baylis to build a new facility and expand its product development, creating 233 new jobs and retaining 339 positions in the city.
Minister of Economic Development and Growth, Steven Del Duca, made the announcement at a recent Canada’s MedTech Conference in Toronto.
Baylis Medical develops and manufactures medical devices that are used in cardiology, radiology and spinal procedures.
The province says the new state-of-the-art “Baylis Medical Innovation Centre” will centralize the company’s R&D activities and allow it to develop a number of new product lines, including four technologies that will be produced for the first time, anywhere in the world.
It will also help the company expand into new international markets in Europe and Asia.
The province says it's providing a loan of up to $9.46 million and a grant of up to $7.74 million through the Jobs and Prosperity Fund, part of a larger overall investment by the company valued at $130.91 million.
The project is scheduled for completion in summer 2023.
"We are pleased to partner with the Ontario government on this expansion, which marks a significant next chapter in the development of our company," says Kris Shah, president, Baylis Medical Company.
"The Baylis Medical Innovation Centre will sharpen our competitive edge as we continue to expand our international reach and position our company as a global leader in the medtech sector."
- Mississauga-Based Company Getting Huge Boost from Provincial Government
- Over 700 New Jobs Coming to Mississauga
- An Innovative Company is Expanding in Mississauga
- A Mississauga Company is About to Hire Close to 100 New Employees
- Innovative Juice Company Set for Multi-Million Dollar Mississauga Expansion
- One of Mississauga’s best-known bars will not be reopening
- UPDATE: The child hit by a vehicle in Mississauga has succumbed to her injuries
- Mississauga students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Mississauga retirement home after employee tests positive for the virus
- Mosquitos carrying West Nile discovered in Mississauga