Ottawa man facing human trafficking charges after investigation by Halton police
Published September 14, 2022 at 10:58 am
An Ottawa man has been arrested following a human trafficking investigation that began in Halton.
In April, members of Halton police’s Drug and Human Trafficking Unit learned of the sexual exploitation of a victim occurring in Halton and throughout the Greater Toronto Area.
A warrant was issued for Alexander Clermont and, on Sept. 11, Clermont was arrested in Ottawa by members of the Ottawa Police Service.
The 25-year-old Ottawa man was turned over to Halton police investigators and has been charged with numerous offences, including human trafficking, procuring to provide sexual services, advertising sexual services, and assault with a weapon.
Clermont has been remanded into custody.
Clermont also goes by the name of “Snupe” and police believe there are additional victims in relation to this investigation and are asking anyone who has come into contact with Clermont, or has information, to contact the HRPS Human Trafficking Unit at 905-825-4747, ext. 5331.
The Halton Regional Police Service firmly believes that every person has the right to feel safe in our community.
Victims of violence and/or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact the Halton Regional Police Service. The following is a list of valuable support services and resources in our region for victims of violence and/or sexual assault:
- Halton Regional Police Service Victim Services Unit 905-825-4777 ext. 5239 or by email at [email protected]
- Nina’s Place Sexual Assault and Domestic Assault Care Centre 905-336-4116 or 905-681-4880
- Sexual Assault and Violence Intervention Services (SAVIS) 905-875-1555 (24-hour crisis line)
- Radius Child & Youth Services 905-825-3242 (Oakville) or 1-855-744-9001
- Kid’s Help Phone 1-800-668-6868 (24-hour crisis line)
- THRIVE Counselling 905-845-3811 or 905-637-5256