Ontario to provide gradual reopening update today, more info on regional restrictions
We will know a little more about what’s opening in Halton and other regions today.
Ontario's top doctor says the government will announce today which categories of its COVID-19 restrictions system some regions will fall into when they begin to reopen next week.
Chief medical officer of health Dr. David Williams has said the decisions will be made based on local virus case rates.
The province began a gradual reopening of its economy Wednesday by lifting the stay-at-home order for three regions with low cases.
The rest of the province, except for three hot spots in the Greater Toronto Area, are set to have the order lifted next week when they transition back to the colour-coded restrictions system.
Toronto, Peel Region and York Region are set to remain under the stay-at-home order until at least Feb. 22.
The government has warned that a sudden spike in cases could delay the reopening of any region in the province.
- Ontario to begin gradual reopening of its economy today with three health units
- Ontario will decide today what level of restrictions to place Mississauga and Brampton
- Stay-at-home order lifts today in Mississauga and Brampton
- Here's when Mississauga and Brampton might be reopening
- BREAKING: Mississauga and Brampton's stay-at-home order extended by the Province
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga
- Costco scam targeting residents in Mississauga and Brampton
- Mississauga, Brampton to lift restrictions once Ontario's COVID numbers are "well below" 1,000 daily cases
- 32-hour all night marathon vaccination event coming to Mississauga with special guests