Ontario Residents Can Celebrate Canada Day by Fishing for Free This Week
We have some good news for Ontario residents and families who were planning to do some fishing this week.
The Ontario government recently announced that Ontarians of all ages will be able to fish without a licence from June 29 until July 7.
“Our government is making it easier for families to spend quality time together by making fishing more accessible and affordable in Ontario,” John Yakabuski, Minister of Natural Resources and Forestry, said in a statement. “Families, fishing enthusiasts and those new to the sport have more opportunities than ever before to get out on the water.”
This week-long free fishing event is the fourth licence-free fishing opportunity this year. This year, the government introduced licence-free fishing on the Father’s Day and Mother’s Day weekends, doubling the number of free fishing events.
“Fishing helps create a lifetime of memories for people of all ages,” Angelo Lombardo, Executive Director, Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters, said in a statement. “Whether you are a long-time angler or being introduced to fishing for the first time, we hope that you take advantage of the free fishing opportunities available during Family Fishing Week and create some new, lasting memories.”
Click here to plan your fishing trip or find a local event.
- Ontario celebrating Canada Day with free parks admission and family fishing
- You Can Now Fish for Free on the Following Weekends
- Here’s where you can go fishing in Mississauga amid the COVID-19 pandemic
- Mississauga Takes Number 3 Spot on an Interesting List
- Mississauga takes number 5 spot on an interesting list
- Man reportedly threatening to shoot people in building in Mississauga: Police
- Ontario, Peel Region show drop in COVID cases today, but technical issues may be the reason
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - January 18, 2021
- Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder claims $1 million Maxmillion prize