Ontario reports over 80 new COVID-19 cases, with 3 new cases reported in Peel
As testing increases, more cases of COVID-19 are being diagnosed across Ontario.
As of 10:30 am on March 24, Ontario is reporting 588 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. According to Ontario's COVID-19 website, eight cases have been resolved and seven people have died of the virus.
The website says 10,074 possible cases are under investigation, while 21,795 people have tested negative.
According to the website, three new cases have been diagnosed in the Region of Peel. According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 10:00 am on March 24), 56 people have been diagnosed in the region. There are currently 19 cases in Brampton, three in Caledon and 32 in Mississauga.
The province's website indicates that two of the three new cases in Peel were found in people who recently travelled. One case in a woman in her 20s is listed as "pending."
All are self-isolating.
The province is reporting one new case in the Halton Region. According to Halton Region Public Health, there are 14 cases in the region as of 10:30 am on March 24.
Of the 14 cases reported by the Halton Region, two cases have been diagnosed in Milton, six in Oakville, five in Burlington and one in Georgetown.
A Milton man in his 50s died of the virus last week.
According to the province, the new Halton patient recently travelled to the UK and is self-isolating.
The province's website is reporting three new COVID-19 cases in Hamilton. One patient was in close contact with another patient and is self-isolating. The other cases are listed as "pending."
One is listed as self-isolating.
As of 12:00 pm on March 23, Hamilton Public Health was reporting 32 cases (so the new numbers from the province are likely not included yet).
There is evidence of community spread in all three regions.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
- Ontario reports over 500 COVID-19 cases in the province, with 6 new cases confirmed in Peel
- Ontario reports over 650 COVID-19 cases, 13 more reported in Peel
- Close to 1,000 cases of COVID-19 recorded in Ontario, with 41 new cases found in Peel
- Ontario reporting 149 new confirmed cases of COVID-19, 15 new cases in Peel
- Close to 2,000 COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, with over 100 cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Worker at grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- A look at what’s open and closed as Mississauga reopens more outdoor amenities
- Police investigating reports of shots being fired in Mississauga
- College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario releases new guidelines for treatment during pandemic