Ontario reports over 650 COVID-19 cases, 13 more reported in Peel
As testing increases, more cases of COVID-19 are being diagnosed across Ontario.
As of 10:30 am on March 25, Ontario is reporting 688 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. According to Ontario's COVID-19 website, eight cases have been resolved and nine people have died of the virus.
The website says 10,489 possible cases are under investigation, while 24,458 people have tested negative.
According to the website, 13 new cases have recently been diagnosed in the Region of Peel. According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 10:00 am on March 25), 63 people have been diagnosed in the region. There are currently 22 cases in Brampton, four in Caledon and 36 in Mississauga.
The province's website indicates that some of the new cases in Peel include people who have been in close contact with patients and people who have travelled. The cause of many cases is listed as pending.
All are self-isolating, except for one woman in her 20s who has been hospitalized.
The province is reporting four new cases in the Halton Region. According to Halton Region Public Health, there are 18 cases in the region as of 10:30 am on March 25.
Of the 18 cases reported by the Halton Region, two cases have been diagnosed in Milton, 10 in Oakville, five in Burlington and one in Georgetown.
A Milton man in his 50s died of the virus last week.
According to the province, three of the new Halton patients travelled or were in close contact with a patient. One case is listed as "pending." A woman in her 70s, who recently travelled to Spain, has been hospitalized.
The province's website is reporting four new COVID-19 cases in Hamilton and all cases are listed as "pending."
Hamilton Public Health's website was down as of 11:50 am on March 25.
A Hamilton woman in her 80s died of the virus yesterday (March 24) morning.
There is evidence of community spread in all three regions.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
- Ontario reports over 80 new COVID-19 cases, with 3 new cases reported in Peel
- Ontario reports over 500 COVID-19 cases in the province, with 6 new cases confirmed in Peel
- Close to 2,000 COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, with over 100 cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Close to 1,000 cases of COVID-19 recorded in Ontario, with 41 new cases found in Peel
- Ontario reporting 149 new confirmed cases of COVID-19, 15 new cases in Peel
- Enforcement of Ontario’s new stay-at-home orders: an explanation
- Peel Police say Mississauga residents are calling 911 to find out if it is okay to go out
- Ontario announces blitz of big-box stores in Mississauga following declaration of stay at home order
- Starbucks says closure of up to 300 stores in Canada to be completed by end of March
- Mississauga long-term care home included in province-wide class action