Ontario reports 994 new cases of COVID-19, 171 in Peel
Ontario is reporting 994 new cases of COVID-19 today and 10 more deaths linked to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says there are 298 new cases in Toronto, 171 in Peel and 64 in York Region.
The province also reports that 1,072 more cases were resolved.
More than 65,600 tests were completed since the last daily update.
Ontario says that 30,409 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine were administered since Wednesday's report.
A total of 784,828 doses of vaccine have been administered in the province so far.
There have been 304,757 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in Ontario since the pandemic began, 287,424 of which have been resolved and 7,024 that have resulted in death.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 990 new COVID-19 cases, six new virus-related deaths
- Ontario reports 1,022 new cases of COVID-19, 250 in Peel Region
- Ontario reports 1,054 new cases of COVID-19, 186 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 1,316 new cases of COVID-19, 244 in Peel
- Ontario reports 1,185 new cases of COVID-19, 235 in Peel
- Brampton truck driver charged for smuggling cocaine into Canada
- Alarmingly 20% of all Brampton being tested currently have COVID-19
- Mississauga boxing gym defying provincial lockdown orders facing charges by City
- Gun play has police on the scene at Brampton neighbourhood
- Mississauga ticketing for gathering in parks to home hair salons and more