Ontario reports 990 new COVID-19 cases, six new virus-related deaths
Ontario is reporting 990 new cases of COVID-19 today and six more deaths linked to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says there are 284 new cases in Toronto, 173 in Peel Region, and 82 in York Region. There are 34 in Halton and 24 in Hamilton.
Today's data is based on 57,829 completed tests.
The province also reports a single-day high of 39,698 doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered since Friday's update.
A total of 860,412 doses of vaccine have been administered in Ontario so far.
Ontario says that 1,152 more cases were resolved since the last daily update.
There have been 306,997 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in Ontario since the pandemic began, including 289,735 classified as resolved and 7,052 that have resulted in death.
- Ontario reports 1,022 new cases of COVID-19, 250 in Peel Region
- Ontario reports 994 new cases of COVID-19, 171 in Peel
- Ontario reports 1,054 new cases of COVID-19, 186 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 2,655 new cases of COVID-19, 89 more deaths, and 13,784 vaccinations
- Ontario reports 2,417 new cases of COVID-19 and 102 more deaths related to the virus
- Brampton truck driver sentenced to prison after 2019 collision that killed three
- Married parents of two from Milton celebrating big lotto win
- $500,000 lotto winner from Mississauga thought it was a joke
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Burlington residents now have an additional splash pad to check out this summer