Ontario reports 821 new COVID-19 cases, 136 new cases in Peel
Ontario is reporting 821 new cases of COVID-19 today, and three new deaths due to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says 327 cases are in Toronto, 136 in Peel Region, 79 in Ottawa, and 64 in York Region.
The province says it has a backlog of 24,129 tests, and has conducted 24,049 tests since the last daily report.
In total, 274 people are hospitalized in Ontario due to COVID-19.
The province also reported 121 new COVID-19 cases related to schools, including at least 75 among students.
Those bring the number of schools with a reported case to 508 out of Ontario's 4,828 publicly funded schools.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 1,003 new COVID-19 cases today, 280 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 841 new COVID-19 cases today, 162 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reporting 827 new cases of COVID-19 today, 169 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 826 new COVID-19 cases today, 186 in Peel
- Ontario reports 1,388 new COVID-19 cases today, 395 in Peel
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at ICU in Mississauga Hospital
- Almost all illegal guns coming into Mississauga and Brampton are from the U.S.
- COVID-19 numbers in Peel Region continue downward trend
- Employee of Mississauga No Frills tests positive for COVID-19