Ontario reports 3,266 new COVID-19 cases today, 523 in Peel
TORONTO -- Ontario is reporting 3,266 new cases of COVID-19 today, and 37 new deaths due to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says there are 805 new cases in Toronto, 523 in Peel Region, 349 in York Region, 208 in Windsor-Essex, and 206 in Waterloo.
The province says it has conducted 51,045 tests since the last daily report.
In total, 1,463 people are hospitalized in Ontario due to COVID-19, including 361 in intensive care, and 132 people are on ventilators.
In the province's long-term care homes, 1,180 residents currently have COVID-19 and 20 new deaths have been reported today.
The province says 220 of its 626 long-term care homes are experiencing an outbreak.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 1,249 new COVID-19 cases today, and 12 new deaths from the virus
- Ontario reports 3,128 new COVID-19 cases today, and 51 new deaths from the virus
- Ontario reports 1,417 new COVID-19 cases today, 463 cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 1,003 new COVID-19 cases today, 280 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 841 new COVID-19 cases today, 162 new cases in Peel
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- Charges laid after rescuing a raccoon being held captive in Burlington
- New bus corridor and three new stations coming to Mississauga
- 121 workers at Mississauga's Gateway postal facility test positive for COVID-19
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content