Ontario reports 3,266 new COVID-19 cases today, 523 in Peel
TORONTO -- Ontario is reporting 3,266 new cases of COVID-19 today, and 37 new deaths due to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says there are 805 new cases in Toronto, 523 in Peel Region, 349 in York Region, 208 in Windsor-Essex, and 206 in Waterloo.
The province says it has conducted 51,045 tests since the last daily report.
In total, 1,463 people are hospitalized in Ontario due to COVID-19, including 361 in intensive care, and 132 people are on ventilators.
In the province's long-term care homes, 1,180 residents currently have COVID-19 and 20 new deaths have been reported today.
The province says 220 of its 626 long-term care homes are experiencing an outbreak.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 1,249 new COVID-19 cases today, and 12 new deaths from the virus
- Ontario reports 3,128 new COVID-19 cases today, and 51 new deaths from the virus
- Ontario reports 1,417 new COVID-19 cases today, 463 cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 1,003 new COVID-19 cases today, 280 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 841 new COVID-19 cases today, 162 new cases in Peel
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant