Ontario reports 3,266 new COVID-19 cases today, 523 in Peel
TORONTO -- Ontario is reporting 3,266 new cases of COVID-19 today, and 37 new deaths due to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says there are 805 new cases in Toronto, 523 in Peel Region, 349 in York Region, 208 in Windsor-Essex, and 206 in Waterloo.
The province says it has conducted 51,045 tests since the last daily report.
In total, 1,463 people are hospitalized in Ontario due to COVID-19, including 361 in intensive care, and 132 people are on ventilators.
In the province's long-term care homes, 1,180 residents currently have COVID-19 and 20 new deaths have been reported today.
The province says 220 of its 626 long-term care homes are experiencing an outbreak.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 1,249 new COVID-19 cases today, and 12 new deaths from the virus
- Ontario reports 3,128 new COVID-19 cases today, and 51 new deaths from the virus
- Ontario reports 1,417 new COVID-19 cases today, 463 cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 1,003 new COVID-19 cases today, 280 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 841 new COVID-19 cases today, 162 new cases in Peel
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- It could be weeks before Mississauga sees the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga ticketing for gathering in parks to home hair salons and more