Ontario reports 1,417 new COVID-19 cases today, 463 cases in Peel
Ontario is reporting 1,417 new cases of COVID-19 today, and 32 new deaths due to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says 463 new cases are in Peel Region, 410 cases are in Toronto, and 178 are in York Region.
The province says 26 of the new deaths reported today are in long-term care homes.
It also says 678 nursing home residents currently have COVID-19, and 100 of the province's 626 long-term care homes are experiencing an outbreak.
Ontario also reported 109 new COVID-19 cases related to schools, including at least 92 among students.
Those bring the number of schools with a reported case to 670 out of Ontario's 4,828 publicly funded schools.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 1,249 new COVID-19 cases today, and 12 new deaths from the virus
- Ontario reports 1,003 new COVID-19 cases today, 280 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reporting 827 new cases of COVID-19 today, 169 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 841 new COVID-19 cases today, 162 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 1,388 new COVID-19 cases today, 395 in Peel
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga
- Wayne Gretzky remembers his father, Walter, as man with ‘a heart of gold’ at funeral
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga