Ontario reports 1,249 new COVID-19 cases today, and 12 new deaths from the virus
TORONTO -- Ontario is reporting 1,249 new cases of COVID-19 today, and 12 new deaths due to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says 569 cases are in Toronto, 256 in Peel Region and 94 in York Region.
The province also reported 133 new COVID-19 cases related to schools, including at least 73 among students.
Those bring the number of schools with a reported case to 670 out of Ontario's 4,828 publicly funded schools.
In the province's long-term care homes, 700 residents currently have COVID-19 and three new deaths have been reported today.
The province says 108 of its 626 long-term care homes are experiencing an outbreak.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 1,417 new COVID-19 cases today, 463 cases in Peel
- Ontario reporting 827 new cases of COVID-19 today, 169 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 1,003 new COVID-19 cases today, 280 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 841 new COVID-19 cases today, 162 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 826 new COVID-19 cases today, 186 in Peel
- Mississauga man still shocked over big lotto win
- Peel’s top doctor says Mississauga’s lockdown could work in short-term, says more needs to be done long-term to address spread
- Employees at Mississauga Shoppers Drug Mart test positive for COVID-19
- Police responding to reports of man in crisis in Mississauga
- Police looking for missing 22 year old Mississauga man