Ontario reports 1,003 new COVID-19 cases today, 280 new cases in Peel
Ontario is reporting 1,003 new cases of COVID-19 today, and 14 new deaths due to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says 300 cases are in Toronto, 280 in Peel Region and 125 in York Region.
The province says it has conducted 41,268 tests since the last daily report, and has a backlog of 47,074 tests.
In total, 380 people are hospitalized in Ontario due to COVID-19, including 86 in intensive care.
The province also reported 85 new COVID-19 cases related to schools, including at least 49 among students.
Those bring the number of schools with a reported case to 582 out of Ontario's 4,828 publicly funded schools.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 841 new COVID-19 cases today, 162 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reporting 827 new cases of COVID-19 today, 169 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 826 new COVID-19 cases today, 186 in Peel
- Ontario reports 821 new COVID-19 cases, 136 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 1,388 new COVID-19 cases today, 395 in Peel
- Mississauga, Brampton residents will have to stay home two more weeks, outoor activities begin June 2
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Alternating the AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccines causes frequent mild to moderate symptoms but safe
- Police searching for people who fled vehicle after crash in Mississauga
- Mississauga, Brampton students likely to finish school year via remote learning