Ontario reports 1,003 new COVID-19 cases today, 280 new cases in Peel
Ontario is reporting 1,003 new cases of COVID-19 today, and 14 new deaths due to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says 300 cases are in Toronto, 280 in Peel Region and 125 in York Region.
The province says it has conducted 41,268 tests since the last daily report, and has a backlog of 47,074 tests.
In total, 380 people are hospitalized in Ontario due to COVID-19, including 86 in intensive care.
The province also reported 85 new COVID-19 cases related to schools, including at least 49 among students.
Those bring the number of schools with a reported case to 582 out of Ontario's 4,828 publicly funded schools.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 841 new COVID-19 cases today, 162 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reporting 827 new cases of COVID-19 today, 169 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 826 new COVID-19 cases today, 186 in Peel
- Ontario reports 821 new COVID-19 cases, 136 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 1,388 new COVID-19 cases today, 395 in Peel
- Employees at two pharmacies and a grocery store in Mississauga have tested positive for COVID-19
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Mississauga man charged in connection with India call centre scam
- COVID-19 surge forcing paramedics to unload ambulances outside hospitals in Mississauga
- Battle lines drawn as Mississauga and Brampton fight it out over store openings