Ontario reporting 2,662 cases of COVID-19, 87 deaths
The Province is reporting 2,662 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday (January 22), which is an increase of 30 new cases from Thursday.
Of Friday's new cases, more than one quarter, 779, were in Toronto, while 542 were in Peel Region, 228 were in York Region, and 128 were in Waterloo.
Additionally, the Halton Region Health Department is reporting 102 cases, and Hamilton Public Health Services is reporting 78 cases.
Further, Friday's death count was near triple digits--the Province reported 87 deaths due to the virus, nearly double Thursday's total of 46.
With 71,750 tests completed, the positivity rate over the past 24 hours is 3.71 per cent.
Friday's numbers bring the total number of provincial cases to 250,226. Of these, 219,198 have recovered, 25,272 are still active, and 5,701 have died.
- Ontario reporting 1,418 new COVID-19 cases, eight new deaths
- Ontario reporting more than 1,000 new COVID-19 cases and nine new deaths
- Peel Region reporting 784 new cases of COVID-19 in Brampton, Mississauga, and Caledon—7.4 per cent decrease from previous day
- Ontario reporting 1,396 new COVID-19 cases, 19 new deaths
- Peel Region reporting 846 new cases of COVID-19 in Brampton, Mississauga, and Caledon
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Peel orders closure of three businesses, one Bakery, in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents can book vaccination at Doses After Dark
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga