Ontario Announces Funding For More Cultural Events in Mississauga
Mississauga is one of the many Ontario cities that is known for having amazing cultural tourism.
The government recently announced the investment of $440,000 for cultural tourism events in communities across the province.
Cultural tourism is crucial as it supports local economies and creates good jobs.
Through the Ontario Cultural Attractions Fund (OCAF), there is support for nine cultural tourism events, which will help arts, culture and heritage organizations create new experiences.
The investment is to help spread cultural tourism by making the entire province more appealing to visitors. Grants range will from $10,000 to $150,000.
“Ontario’s creative tourism events and attractions provide visitors with unique and unforgettable experiences,” said Lisa MacLeod, the Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport. “Our investment in the OCAF program will create good jobs and help keep our province open for business and open for jobs by making Ontario a more attractive place to visit.”
Cultural tourism events that may receive support from the fund range from large art and music festivals to smaller events that celebrate local culture and heritage.
“On behalf of the volunteer board of the Ontario Cultural Attractions Fund we are so pleased to support a broad range of festivals, events and exhibitions across Ontario,” said John McKellar, the President and Chair of OCAF. “OCAF, with its unique structure, can support cultural tourism in Ontario to ensure economic impact, job growth and community development in small and large communities across the province.”
The funds are a partially repayable loan, which will help to support future projects.
What do you think about more cultural events coming to Mississauga?
- Ford Government Funding Local Festivals And Events After Announcing Municipality Tourism Cuts
- Ontario Announces Additional Funding For Festivals in Mississauga
- A Number of Mississauga Festivals Are Receiving Provincial Support
- Ford Government Cuts Toronto Tourism Funds Affecting Mississauga's Economy
- Province pledges to provide more funding to Francophone communities in Mississauga
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Mississauga grocery store worker tests positive for COVID-19
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at long-term care home in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting new high of over 1,000 new COVID-19 cases today