One Person Dead and Six in Hospital After Early Morning Crash in Mississauga
One person has died following an early morning multi-vehicle collision that sent six other people to hospital, Peel paramedics say.
Peel paramedics superintendent Steve Walker says that paramedics were called to the scene of the incident, which took place on the westbound 403 between Winston Churchill Blvd. and the 407, after 6:00 a.m.
Walker said there were six ambulances to the area, and that five patients were transported to hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
One person was pronounced deceased on scene.
Walker said another person involved in the incident refused to be transported to hospital.
As of 6:40 a.m., the stretch of highway between the Erin Mills Parkway in Mississauga and the 407 in Oakville is closed. OPP says there is no access to the westbound 403 from Winston Churchill Blvd.
- Mississauga Crash Sends One Person to Hospital
- PHOTOS: Aftermath of Fatal Highway Crash in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Three People, Including Two Children, Transported To Hospital After Collision On Highway 401
- Crash in Mississauga Sends One Person to Hospital
- Police and Paramedics on Scene for Person in Distress in Mississauga