One of a Kind Climbing and Fitness Facility Now Open in Mississauga
It can be hard to motivate yourself to exercise at the best of times, and winter is certainly not "the best of times." In fact, the cold weather is typically a huge deterrent to leaving the house for something as laborious—endorphins aside—as exercise.
That said, sometimes it's easier to leave the house for something that's challenging, off-the-beaten path and, above all else, fun. For that reason, fitness and adventure aficionados might be happy to hear that Hub Climbing has opened its doors and is about to host a grand opening celebration on Feb. 9.
Hub Climbing, which recently opened in the Wolfedale and Burnhamthorpe area, says it's the GTA's largest and tallest rock climbing gym.
The Mississauga location is the brand's second facility. As of now, it also operates an establishment in Markham.
The 30,500 sq. ft gym, which will also offer yoga in the spring, occupies a state of the art facility that was dug 11 additional feet to create taller climbing walls—one of which stands at 48 feet (and which is designed for more experienced climbers). Guests can expect bouldering walls, beginner walls and an upper private lounge area that's ideal for a private event.
As for good climbing candidates, operators says the facility is ideal for kids, beginners, climbers of various abilities, fitness buffs and anyone looking for a unique place to host a gathering (the facility can be used for birthday parties, corporate events and more).
In fact, more experienced climbers can actually compete in competitions.
As for how a climb works, operators say climbers use colour-coded walls during their session (in fact, each climb is colour-coded, so using the wrong colour during your climb is actually cheating).
As for the grand opening event, operators say Mayor Bonnie Crombie, Mississauga Centre MPP Natalia Kusendova and former mayor Hazel McCallion will make appearances. Both Crombie and Kusendova have actually agreed to climb the walls, and McCallion will make an appearance at 11:45 a.m.
So if you're in the mood for something different this winter, Hub Climbing might be worth a try.
- Do We Still Need The Catholic School System in Mississauga and Ontario?
- Peel District School Board Concerned About New Private School Lobbying Group
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect in Mississauga
- House of the Week: $1.5 Mil Home With Stunning All-White Bathrooms
- Mississauga Man Seriously Injured in Collision in Milton
- Everything You Need to Know About a One-of-a-Kind New Climbing and Fitness Gym in Mississauga
- Massive Rock Climbing Facility Set to Open This Fall in Mississauga
- Brand New Co-Working Space and Fitness Facility Opens in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Check Out What Hazel McCallion Did Just Days Before She Turns 98
- SodaStream Opening Brand New Facility in Mississauga