One Mississauga postal code rises to 22% COVID-19 positivity rate
Eight areas in Mississauga are among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario, including one that is now up to 22% positivity.
Toronto-based research group ICES listed postal code areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of May 2 to 8.
Of the top 50 listed, eight are in Mississauga (compared to seven during the previous week):
L4T at 22.55% (area of Goreway and Morning Star)
3rd highest percent positivity area in Ontario (5th during previous week)
L4X at 18.60% (area of Bloor and Fieldgate)
8th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (14th during previous week)
L5A at 17.21% (area of Bloor and Central Pkwy E)
11th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (37th during previous week)
L5W at 16.49% (area of Derry and Mavis)
15th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (40th during previous week)
L4Z at 14.81% (area of Hurontario and Bristol Rd E)
32nd highest percent positivity area in Ontario (41st during previous week)
L5B at 14.41% (area of Hurontario from Hwy 403 to QEW)
37th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (23rd during previous week)
L5R at 13.75% (area of McLaughlin and Bristol Rd W)
46th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
L5E at 13.71% (area of Dixie and Lakeshore Rd E)
47th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
For the same week, Brampton had 10 areas listed in the top 50.
The same data for the week indicates that out of all of Ontario’s 34 public health units, Peel Region (Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon) has the worst COVID-19 percent positivity for the eighth week in a row.
For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of May 2 was 7.7% (compared to 8.6% the previous week).
Ontario has reached 46% overall vaccine coverage, up 6% from the previous week.
The full data is available to read here.
- This area in Mississauga has almost 20% COVID-19 positivity, 4th highest in Ontario
- Eight Brampton areas still have Ontario's highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Six areas in Mississauga have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- 5 areas in Mississauga that have the highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- These Mississauga postal codes have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- Brampton reveals photo radar locations
- VIDEO: Aftermath of multi-vehicle crash involving Mississauga Transit bus sends four to hospital
- Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
- 20 Maxmillion lotto prizes of $1 million were won in Ontario, no jackpot winner