One arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter in Mississauga
The investigation into a recent carjacking and multiple assaults in Mississauga is ongoing.
On the evening of Friday, August 7, police say they were investigating a stolen vehicle incident and observed three suspects in a taxi.
The taxi driver was offered money to drive away, and was then assaulted but did not require any medical treatment, according to police.
A vehicle stop was initiated in the area of Novo Star Drive and Mavis Road, and officers investigated the suspects’ involvement in the stolen vehicle incident.
“A brief struggle ensued during the investigation, which resulted in an officer sustaining minor injuries,” said police.
One suspect was arrested for robbery, assaulting an officer, and failing to comply with a release order. The other two fled the scene on foot.
Shortly after at around 8:00 p.m., police say a female victim was getting into her vehicle in the area of Haines Artist Way and Elliott Parliament Street.
“The victim placed her 3 year old child in the rear car seat when two suspects approached her,” police said.
“The two men made a demand for her vehicle, a 2018 black BMW with Ontario license BVLR298. The victim was able to push by one of the suspects and removed her child from the car seat.”
Neither the mother nor child sustained physical injuries during the incident, according to police.
The vehicle was last seen travelling northbound on Haines Artist Way.
Police say the suspect who was arrested, 19 year old Brampton man Keerat Sehra, was released on bail in November 2019 in relation to break and enter charges, disguise with intent, robbery with a firearm, using an imitation firearm, dangerous operation, and possession of property obtained by crime.
Sehra was held for a bail hearing and transported to the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton today (Saturday, August 8).
Officers are continuing to search for the remaining two suspects.
Anyone with information that may assist the investigation is asked to contact police at 905-453-2121, ext. 3410.
- Peel Police Nab 2 Violent Carjacking Suspects
- Suspects Arrested in Stolen Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- Two suspects sought after carjacking in Mississauga
- Two arrested in vehicle theft investigation; police seize vehicles, drugs and cash
- Police Officer Injured During Stolen Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fight breaks out at gas station in Brampton
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga