Oakville’s fall loose leaf collection begins next Monday
Published October 18, 2021 at 4:31 pm
Time to rake those leafs if you want them picked up in Oakville.
The Town of Oakville’s annual fall loose leaf collection is set to run from Monday, October 25 to Friday, December 3 in designated neighbourhoods.
Residents looking for information on collection zones and schedules, as well as an interactive map to track collection progress, can visit oakville.ca.
To ensure that leaves are collected, residents are reminded to follow the Town’s loose leaf collection guidelines:
- Collection may occur any time during a scheduled week. To ensure your leaves are collected, put them out by 7 a.m. on the first day of collection in your zone.
- To help keep leaves from blowing around your neighbourhood, please do not put out leaves more than seven days before the first day of a scheduled week for your zone.
- Place all loose leaves on the boulevard or on the shoulder, not over catch basins, in bicycle lanes or in the ditches in front of your house.
- Ensure leaves are free of garbage or other yard waste materials such as brush, branches, large twigs or stones.
- Please keep leaf piles separate from any woody debris including large twigs, brush and branches. Contaminated piles or leaves that are put out after the pickup dates will not be collected.
Bagged leave service is a separate program from the Town’s loose leaf collection service.
Bagged leaves and yard waste are collected by Halton Region on the same day as regular garbage pickup.
For more information on your waste collection schedule,
call 311 or visit the Halton Region website.
insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies