Oakville YMCA site of new Halton vaccination clinic
Add getting vaccinated to the list of things you can do at the Oakville YMCA.
On Thursday, Halton Public Health is opening its eighth community vaccination clinic at the YMCA, located on 410 Rebecca Street.
The addition of a vaccination site is a result of the significant additional supply of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine coming into the country.
The federal government will receive a total of 7.1 million doses in two shipments this week from the Massachusetts-based pharmaceutical firm.
Along with the 2.4 million doses expected to come from Pfizer and BioNTech, Canada is set to receive a whopping 9.5 million doses this week alone.
With the massive boost in supply, Halton Region has also added more appointments at the Garry Allan Learning Centre in Burlington.
Residents can book appointments now through the online booking system at halton.ca/COVIDvaccines. Those requiring assistance can also call 311.
There will be no walk-ins accepted.
- Halton Health opens new vaccination clinic in Burlington
- Halton's online vaccination booking to launch on Wednesday
- Halton Region Public Health encouraging residents to complete both doses of COVID-19 vaccine
- Total COVID-19 vaccine deliveries to top 50 million doses by week's end
- Burlington's Joseph Brant Hospital new site for vaccination clinic
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant
- Over 80 per cent of eligible Ontarians have now received at least one dose
- Peel Police have two suspects in Brampton carjacking in custody, search on for other