Oakville public outdoor swimming pools will open this Friday
Oakville residents can cool off with a dip in a public outdoor pool beginning this Friday.
With Ontario moving into Step One of the Ontario’s Roadmap to Reopen, the Town announced swimmers can pre-book swim times at public pools starting Thursday at 9 a.m.
Spaces will be limited due to safety guidelines and will be awarded on a first-come, first served basis. Only pre-registered customers will be admitted due to capacity limits.
To find available swim times and book your spot, go to Active Oakville’s online drop-in program finder at active.oakville.ca. Those who don’t find their favourite programs are encouraged to check back as activities will be added as safety measures can be put in place.
Swimmers are reminded to carefully check their confirmation details, including the pool they’ve selected. Refunds will be automatically issued to swimmers impacted by any cancelled recreation and culture programs, drop-in activities, memberships and indoor rental permits.
The Town of Oakville is in regular contact with public health authorities and will continue its commitment to health and safety with altered programs and services.
For more information, visit the Town’s Recreation Programs FAQs page at oakville.ca/culturerec/programs-faqs.html.
TOWN OF OAKVILLE PHOTO
- Here's what's open and when as Oakville moves into Step 1 of provincial reopening
- What Oakville can expect as it moves into Step 3 of the provincial reopening plan on Friday
- Make it a fun Crafternoon for your kids with Town of Oakville's craft program
- Police project aims to reduce nuisance-type behaviours in Oakville public spaces
- Town of Oakville looking for input on how to improve Berta Point West Bank Seawall
- Ontario asking feds to ensure that Mississauga and Ontario residents with mixed doses can travel abroad
- Metrolinx expanding GO train service in Hamilton
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- Arrest follows armed robbery of retail location in Brampton earlier this month