Oakville Blue Devils FC’s new advisor to strengthen ties with Bermuda
Published January 31, 2022 at 3:35 pm
The Oakville Blue Devils FC announced that Cal Blankendal has joined the club as an advisor.
Blankendal, who has previously worked with the Canadian semi-professional club, will be working to strengthen ties between Bermuda, Bermuda FA, local football clubs and Blue Devils FC.
Blankendal spearheaded a 2018 tour to Bermuda where the Blue Devils League1 men’s team played in and won the Bermuda Triangle Cup, as well beating Bermuda’s National Men’s Team in an exhibition match.
The Blue Devils new advisor is hoping to create more opportunities for both Oakville teams to experience and play in Bermuda while also providing opportunities for Bermudian players to travel and play in Canada.
The Bermuda Cricket Board executive has served in numerous roles growing and developing sport in Bermuda including:
- President & CEO of Bermuda’s Sports Management Group
- CEO of Caribbean Sports & Entertainment Management Group
- Executive Director of the Bermuda Cricket Board
- Past CEO of Bermuda’s Brazilian Football School
- Past Bermuda Football (Soccer) Association (BFA) First Vice President
- Past President of the Western Stars Sports Club (Dandy Town) – Bermuda
He also holds a UEFA B and a UEFA C license.