No criminal circumstances in death of Brampton child, say police
Peel Regional Police say there are no criminal circumstances surrounding the death of a Brampton child earlier this week
Emergency crews were called to a home on Finlayson Cres. late in the afternoon on May 5 with a report of a health emergency.
First responders found the child without vital signs who was then rushed to hospital but subsequently pronounced dead.
Initial reports indicate the child had sustained injuries but cause of death has not been released.
As well, due to privacy concerns, the age and other circumstances have not been made public. However, the Special Victims Unit has become involved in the case which means the child was under the age of 5.
"The circumstances are not criminal in nature," said Peel Police in a released statement. "No further information will be shared out of respect for the grieving family.
- Child dies in Brampton, cause not yet determined
- SIU declines to press criminal charges against Peel Regional Police officer involved in high-profile shooting death of Black man in Mississauga
- Fatal Collision in Mississauga Results in the Death of a Mother and Child
- UPDATE: SIU Investigating Circumstances of Man's Death in Mississauga
- Two Dead and One Child Injured After Stabbing Incident in Peel
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- VIDEO: Aftermath of multi-vehicle crash involving Mississauga Transit bus sends four to hospital
- Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
- Brampton reveals photo radar locations
- Mississauga firefighters dealing with blaze at Petro Canada refinery