New Street Parking Changes Coming to Port Credit
Starting on the first of September, Mississauga will be expanding on-street metered parking in the commercial district of Port Credit.
The planned parking changes will include:
- Extending hours from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday to Saturday (currently hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Adding paid parking on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (currently there is no charge for parking on Sundays)
- Extending the maximum parking time limit to three hours (currently the maximum parking limit is two hours)
- Increasing rates from $1 to $1.50 for the first two hours and then $2 for the third hour
- Expanding and installing on-street metered parking north of Lakeshore Rd. E. between Stavebank Rd. and Hurontario St.
The new rates will take effect on all the existing metered machines located along Lakeshore Rd. E., Port St. E. and the side streets adjacent to the commercial district, according to the news release.
Beginning September 6, additional metered machines will be installed north of Lakeshore Rd. E. between Stavebank Rd. and Hurontario St.
“Expanding on-street metered parking will enable the City to manage the increasing demand for parking in the Port Credit area. It will also encourage parking space turnover which is beneficial for everyone - local businesses, residents and visitors,” said Jamie Brown, Manager Municipal Parking.
Anyone looking for more info can visit www.mississauga.ca/parking or call 905-615-4400.
- Will Brampton and Mississauga Become One City?
- Major International Retailer Files for Bankruptcy in Canada
- Brand New Grocery Store Opening in Mississauga
- Peel Police Officer Suspended After Fight With Fellow Officer in Mississauga
- This New Restaurant in Mississauga May Just be the Next Italian Hot Spot