New Openings: SunRise Caribbean Restaurant
SunRise Caribbean opens its second restaurant in Mississauga located on the north end of a plaza on the corner of Eglinton and Hurontario.
The menu includes Caribbean favorites such as jerk chicken, roti chicken, oxtail, king fish, whole snapper, festival, rice and peas, fried dumpling, plantain and more. The dishes are served in cute oyster pails (aka Chinese takeout containers) whether you are dining in or out.
The chicken roti was a decent size stuffed with large pieces of chicken and the jerk quarter chicken (as seen in cover shot) was seasoned well and tender, served over rice and peas with a side coleslaw.
The quick-serve, casual restaurant franchise was founded in 1995 and has over 12 locations and growing. The website indicates they are North America's first Caribbean drive-through restaurant chain however the Mississauga locations do not offer this and two locations which had a drive-through no longer do.
Food Menu: Breakfast dishes include ackee and saltfish, mackerel, herring, kidney, calaloo and liver. You will also find porridge, jerk chicken breast and quarter chicken, fried chicken breast and quarter chicken, curry goat, stew beef and chicken, curry chicken, fish, fried dumpling, festival, plantain and coleslaw.
Drink Menu: Fresh fruit smoothies, Ting(tm), coconut water.
Type of Restaurant: Quick service
Click here for map and contact info>
- Peel Police Investigating Strange Odour In Mississauga
- Peel Police Searching For Suspect In Connection To Multiple Break And Enters In Mississauga
- Here's How You Can Get A Dozen Doughnuts For $1 This Week
- Police Searching for Possible Contractor Wanted for Uttering Threats in Mississauga
- Emergency Services Responding To Active House Fire in Mississauga