New Openings: SunRise Caribbean Restaurant
SunRise Caribbean opens its second restaurant in Mississauga located on the north end of a plaza on the corner of Eglinton and Hurontario.
The menu includes Caribbean favorites such as jerk chicken, roti chicken, oxtail, king fish, whole snapper, festival, rice and peas, fried dumpling, plantain and more. The dishes are served in cute oyster pails (aka Chinese takeout containers) whether you are dining in or out.
The chicken roti was a decent size stuffed with large pieces of chicken and the jerk quarter chicken (as seen in cover shot) was seasoned well and tender, served over rice and peas with a side coleslaw.
The quick-serve, casual restaurant franchise was founded in 1995 and has over 12 locations and growing. The website indicates they are North America's first Caribbean drive-through restaurant chain however the Mississauga locations do not offer this and two locations which had a drive-through no longer do.
Food Menu: Breakfast dishes include ackee and saltfish, mackerel, herring, kidney, calaloo and liver. You will also find porridge, jerk chicken breast and quarter chicken, fried chicken breast and quarter chicken, curry goat, stew beef and chicken, curry chicken, fish, fried dumpling, festival, plantain and coleslaw.
Drink Menu: Fresh fruit smoothies, Ting(tm), coconut water.
Type of Restaurant: Quick service
Click here for map and contact info>
- University Students In Mississauga Use Dating To Reduce Student Debt
- Police And Paramedics Assisting Medical Emergency On Scene In Mississauga
- Adorable Kensington Market-Based Store Opens New Location in Square One in Mississauga
- An Interesting Change is Coming to Port Credit's Iconic Lighthouse
- These are the Most Affordable Travel Destinations for 2019