New Openings: SunRise Caribbean Restaurant
SunRise Caribbean opens its second restaurant in Mississauga located on the north end of a plaza on the corner of Eglinton and Hurontario.
The menu includes Caribbean favorites such as jerk chicken, roti chicken, oxtail, king fish, whole snapper, festival, rice and peas, fried dumpling, plantain and more. The dishes are served in cute oyster pails (aka Chinese takeout containers) whether you are dining in or out.
The chicken roti was a decent size stuffed with large pieces of chicken and the jerk quarter chicken (as seen in cover shot) was seasoned well and tender, served over rice and peas with a side coleslaw.
The quick-serve, casual restaurant franchise was founded in 1995 and has over 12 locations and growing. The website indicates they are North America's first Caribbean drive-through restaurant chain however the Mississauga locations do not offer this and two locations which had a drive-through no longer do.
Food Menu: Breakfast dishes include ackee and saltfish, mackerel, herring, kidney, calaloo and liver. You will also find porridge, jerk chicken breast and quarter chicken, fried chicken breast and quarter chicken, curry goat, stew beef and chicken, curry chicken, fish, fried dumpling, festival, plantain and coleslaw.
Drink Menu: Fresh fruit smoothies, Ting(tm), coconut water.
Type of Restaurant: Quick service
Click here for map and contact info>
- Brand New Caribbean Restaurant Open in Mississauga
- Brand New Caribbean Restaurant Now Open in Mississauga
- New fried chicken restaurant opens in Mississauga
- Popular Caribbean jerk chicken restaurant now open at Square One in Mississauga
- One of the Best Jerk Chicken Spots is Opening at Mississauga's Square One Soon
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- Mississauga church youth group leader arrested for sexual assault
- VIDEO: Mississauga Youtuber Kyle Forgeard surprises his parents by letting them retire early
- Tech startups can apply for funding and get in front of industry partners with this opportunity
- Canada Post reports more cases of COVID found at Mississauga's Gateway facility