New Openings: La Mill
La Mill is a new Mediterranean restaurant that offers a full service dine-in section as well as an express side where you can pick up some of their baked goods and everything available on their menu including breakfast. They also boast a large patio and offer a closed room for private bookings.
The restaurant located on Brunel Rd. in the same plaza as My Apartment. It's easy to miss since the signage isn't visible when you enter the plaza nor is it visible street side.
The menu includes a selection of hot and cold appetizers also known as mezza, salads, saj (a type of thin flatbread common in Middle Eastern cuisine), manakeesh (Middle Eastern pizza of dough topped with spices, cheese and/or ground meat), wraps, entrees, family platters, desserts and breakfast (classic Canadian and Mediterranean breakfast options).
You will find dishes such as labneh (yogurt dip), moutabal (fire roasted eggplant with olive oil, onions, tomatoes and bell peppers), kibbeh (pie stuffed with ground beef, pine nuts, fried and served with yogurt sauce) and popular favorites wraps and entrees such as chicken and beef shawarma, shish tawook (marinated chicken skewers).
Check out the blog on their website for information on the cuisine. Have you ever wondered what zaatar is? Their blog explains this delicious spice and the benefits of consuming it. Try it on a manakeesh with some cheese..so good!
I ordered the shawarma poutine which includes french fries topped with chicken shawarma, shreadded mozzarella and gravy along with the shish tawook entree. My order included a complimentary piping hot pita bread and a mezza plate which consisted of lebneh, hummus and olive oil.
The general manager/owner asked how my dishes were shortly after I had finished - a testament of their mission to provide impeccable service.
Seats: 70+ in full service dining section
Patio: Yes, seats 20+
Type of Restaurant: Full service
- New restaurant specializing in unique Middle Eastern flatbread now open in Mississauga
- Brand New Mediterranean Restaurant Open in Mississauga
- Top 5 Chicken Shawarma Sandwiches in Mississauga
- Popular Shawarma Joints Opens Up Another Location in Mississauga
- New Restaurant in Streetsville Serves Funnel Cakes
- One-year-old girl pulled from Burlington swimming pool dies in hospital
- Driver flees on foot after rollover crash with critical injuries in Mississauga
- Hamilton considers closing East Mountain street to vehicles, asks residents to weigh in
- Suspects sought after one male stabbed, another assaulted in Mississauga
- Police investigating after store robbed at knifepoint in Brampton