New Openings: Johnny Panini's
Johnny Panini's Famous Sandwiches is a new family owned and operated Italian sandwich shop hidden in an industrial section off of Dixie Rd. between Derry Rd. and Courtney Park Dr.
John Mongillo aka Johnny Panini, has over 35 years of experience in the food business and started out at his parents bakery in the early 80's. He opened up his first Italian sandwich shop in Vaughan which he ran for six years.
“Originally from Little Italy in Toronto, Mongillo moved his family to Mississauga and decided to open up a new Italian sandwich shop closer to home.”
The menu includes all of the Italian classics and everything from the sauce (arrabiata, cacciatore) to the spice blends and meatballs are made from scratch and the meat for all of the sandwiches are filleted in-house.
Grand opening Date: January 28, 2016.
Signature Dishes: Veal cutlet (as seen in cover shot), philly cheese steak, and chicken surpreme.
Food Menu: The menu includes a variety of meat sandwiches (chicken cutlet, meatball, sausage, premium steak, grilled chicken) vegetarian sandwiches (eggplant and veggie), pasta dishes (veal, chicken, meatball, or sausage), salads, homemade soup (beef barley) and chili, fresh-cut french fries and seasoned olives. Weekday specials include beef brisket and pulled pork sandwiches.
What’s Up and Coming? Their homemade lasagna is currently only available on the catering menu but may be on the regular menu soon.
Type of Restaurant: Quick service
Click here for map and contact location>
- Family and Police Seeking Answers After University Student Gunned Down in Mississauga
- A Frightening New Scam is Scaring Mississauga Residents into Giving Up Private Information
- Here’s How Much You Need to Make an Hour to Afford an Apartment in Mississauga
- Here's How You Can Get Pizza for 50% Off This Weekend in Mississauga
- Changes Coming to a Building at Major Mississauga Intersection