New Openings: Eve Cafe
I might be aging myself a little here, but I remember the days when every department store had some kind of restaurant. While those days might seem long gone, it appears that some chains are bringing the in-store resto back.
Simons, the oldest Canadian family-run business, is one of them. The brand new store at Square One has a gorgeous little restaurant on the second floor called Eve Cafe, a quaint eatery that boasts a French Canadian-inspired menu that has a few multicultural surprises.
The restaurant space is very open and seats about 50 inside and actually has a beautiful patio that overlooks the equally (hehe) beautiful bus terminal outside. The patio probably seats about 25. The cafe was definitely created with the modern, tech-savvy consumer in mind, as it offers laptop and phone charging areas. So if you want to work or browse Instagram after shopping, you're in luck.
All the coffee is roasted and brought in from Montreal.
In terms of food, some of the menu offerings are Spinach Florenti ($6.50), duck confit ($13) and a Pork Banh Mi Sandwich for a whopping $11.
There’s a fancified $11 Bahn Mi sandwich on the menu. It’s consists of marinated pork dressed with sliced carrots and cucumbers on a brioche bun. It’s delicious and beautiful but definitely doesn’t compare to the OG Vietnamese Bahn Mi sandwhich I can buy with the toonie in my back pocket. Le Pork Quebecois would be a more fitting name for this dish :).
All the sandwiches are delicious though!
Spinach Florenti ($6.50)
Duck Confit ($13)
Pork Banh Mi ($11)
- A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs
- Police searching for suspect following sexual assault at GO station in Mississauga