A new university is coming to Brampton
Brampton is going to become a university town.
The Ontario government has committed to create a medical school as part of Ryerson University that will be located in downtown Brampton.
The announcement came as part of the Ontario government's 2021 budget.
Details such when it will open and if it will be a stand-alone structure are not know, but the news was met with great delight by Brampton city officials who hinted the facility will be an impressive and important part of the city.
"I want to thank the provincial government particularly Premier Doug Ford and Health Minister Christine Elliott for the great news that Ontario is getting a new medical school and it's going to be in downtown Brampton," said Mayor Patrick Brown. "This is amazing news for our community."
Brown said it's an appropriate move and one that is well deserved.
"I can't wait for the day in the future for the groundbreaking and for the ribbon cutting when we officially Ryerson's Medical School in the City of Brampton," he said.
- Ryerson University already planning for Brampton's medical school
- Brampton, Ryerson University continue to collaborate on future medical school
- Brampton commits $1 million to help plan future Ryerson medical school
- Is Brampton getting a new hospital? Provincial official hints news is on the way
- Brampton, U of Guelph-Humber will work to create campus in city
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant