New Italian street food restaurant opening in Mississauga soon
Mississauga has quickly become something of a food mecca in the GTA, as it's home to a diverse population and, therefore, a vibrant and culturally-expansive restaurant scene.
Those who love street food of the European variety might be happy to hear that Via Cibo, a unique (and expanding) Italian restaurant, will be taking over the old Montana's location at Eglinton and Hurontario in the not-too-distant future.
According to Via Cibo's website, the concept is inspired by the "very streets that are the lifeblood of the Italian social scene."
The operators say the brand's menu is inspired by "real food the way our nonna always made it...with love and welcoming to all."
According to the website, Via Cibo uses authentic, traditional ingredients and pays tribute to slow cooking with made from scratch dishes.
"We make the most refined products affordable and we will always be about the food," the website says.
As far as food goes, Via Cibo says it's well-known for its Italian piadina, a staple of Italian street food. Piadina is a flatbread that originates from the Emilia-Romagna region (namely Forli-Cesena, Ravenna and Rimini) and is typically made with 100 per cent artisan durum wheat flour, cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil, Mediterranean Sea salt and spring water.
"The Via Cibo Piadina is handmade right in front of you and then made to order by adding our selection of wholesome ingredients. The choices include an abundant range of freshly grilled chicken, grilled meats, Italian sausage, or roasted vegetables," the website reads.
The restaurant also serves pasta, paninos, pizza, salad, chicken parmigiana, veal, calamari, bruschetta, dessert and more.
An official opening date has not yet been announced.
Cover photo courtesy of Via Cibo's official Facebook page
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- Waste service changes coming to Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Mississauga
- Close to 2,000 COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, with over 100 cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 5 Most Highly Anticipated New Restaurant Openings of 2020 in Mississauga
- Highly-Anticipated Italian Restaurant Opening in Mississauga
- Battle Results! Best Italian Food Battle: Mississauga Vs. Burlington
- Delicious New Menu Items Coming to This Authentic Italian Restaurant in Mississauga
- Best Italian Food Battle: Mississauga vs. Burlington