New Initiative Pledges Financial Support to Women-Owned Businesses in Mississauga
Good news for Canadian business owners who happen to be women--a new initiative has pledged $3 billion towards women-owned businesses.
Dubbed “The Scotiabank Women Initiative,” it was announced today, at the Un-Mentorship Boot Camp for women entrepreneurs which took place in Toronto, that the initiative will provide up to $3 billion in funding to women-led businesses across Canada over its first three years.
“We are committed to strengthening equality for women-led businesses and that includes providing equal access to capital and to our full suite of financing solutions,” Gillian Riley, president, and CEO of Tangerine, and executive sponsor of The Scotiabank Women Initiative, said in a news release.
“We use a holistic and grassroots approach that provides tangible benefits to help women grow and sustain their business. In addition to providing access to capital, our program also offers mentorship from Scotiabank executives on our Advisory Board and education tailored to the needs of women entrepreneurs--both through an online self-directed knowledge centre and in-person sessions,” Riley added.
The Un-Mentorship Boot Camps--which are half-day conferences that promote networking and exploring business challenges together--have been a huge part of the Initiative’s education component, and, since the first one in May, 600 women business leaders have participated in boot camps and mini sessions across the country.
“Our boot camps help to ‘un-teach’ those traditionally-held ideas about how women can succeed,” said Riley. “They’re a place where women entrepreneurs come to learn about business-focused issues and topics, hear about real business challenges women face, and network and build skills to move their business forward.”
“We, at Scotiabank, are focused on our clients’ future success and we aspire to be the lender of choice for women-led businesses by 2021,” she added.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- $25,000 reward offered for conviction of armed robbery suspects in Peel
- Mississauga advising residents to exercise caution with ridesharing services
- Traffic lights out at Mississauga intersection
- Here Is How Much Money The Government of Canada Is Spending To Promote Women's Rights
- Here’s How IKEA Canada is Helping Women and Children
- More Canadian Women Die of Stroke: Report
- Several Opportunities Coming for Women and Girls in Sport
- High Rate of Violence Against Women In Mississauga Causes Concerns