Nasty Sea-Doo Collision Happens In Port Credit
More watercraft action seems to be happening on Lake Ontario, although this time the consequences were a lot more serious.
Two people were injured and one had to be airlifted to the hospital on Saturday after two Sea-Doos collided with each other on the lake, according to the QEW South Post.
Three males were involved in the collision, Peel Paramedics Supt. Jeff Walsh told The Post. Of the two who were injured, one refused to be taken to the hospital and was treated by medics.
The other was airlifted from Clarkson via Coast Guard with, thankfully, non-life threatening injuries.
Twitter user Julie Grant responded to Peel Police’s reporting of the incident, saying she heard a “deafening bang” at the time of the collision.
This isn’t the first time we’ve heard of a Sea-Doo mishap on the lake - this news comes just a day after a man and woman were left floating in the water when their watercraft sank.
Could it just be an unlucky weekend for Lake Ontario? Regardless, if you’re going out on the water, be careful and try to avoid any accidents.
(Photo: Peel Regional Police)
@PeelPoliceMedia omg that's what that deafening bang was. Went out on lakeshore, never thought it was at the lake. Hope they are okay.— Julie Grant (@Jubels13) June 4, 2016
- Police Investigating Possible Gun Sighting in Mississauga
- Shots Fired at Attempted Robbery in Mississauga
- Mississauga Rock Band Speaks Out Against Doug Ford Government
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Mississauga: Aug. 17-23
- Mississauga Man Charged After Allegedly Hitting and Dragging Police Officer with Vehicle
- Incredible Police Rescue of a Couple Stranded in Lake Ontario
- Woman Pulled From Lake Ontario in Mississauga
- Peel Police Investigating A Stranded Object In Lake Ontario
- Police Make “Dramatic” Rescue on Lake Ontario in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Seriously Injured Man Airlifted to Hospital Following Industrial Accident in Mississauga